Dance Leadership Courses for Young People
SS Dance & Wellbeing is excited to be partnering up with On The Move, Sheffield to bring Dance + Sport leadership courses to young people across South + West Yorkshire. Sophie Simpson and Lee Smith (founder of On The Move) will deliver Level 1, 2 & 3 in Sports Leadership, Level 1 & 2 in Dance Leadership that are aimed at Primary Schools, Secondary Schools, Colleges and Universities.
We are working together to try and encourage young people to develop skills they may already have and to give them the confidence to take that leap and maybe help to shape their futures. SS Dance + Wellbeing will be teaching young people how to plan, lead and review dance activity, develop leadership skills, lead dance activities that promote a healthy lifestyle and looking at relationships between dance and music, plus many more viable skills!!
The benefits of running a leadership course at your establishment are:
- All courses meet government and Ofsted agendas such as SMSC education, employability skills, character education and cross-curricular skills and behaviors.
- Can provide training for young people who can lead sport and recreation activities within lunchtime and after school clubs, sports festivals and tournaments, holiday schemes, community sports events.
- Improves behaviour through increased self-confidence and self-worth.
- Gives learners the opportunity to take responsibility, creating young people who are able to act in a mature and responsible way.
The benefits for young people are:
- A fun and practical course that focuses on leading rather than technical ability.
- A good foundation to progress onto other Sports Leaders UK awards or qualifications, and/or a National Governing Body award.
- Potential stepping stone into employment, further education or training.
- Develops generic leadership skills that will be vital in other areas of life.
On The Move are helping to write funding bids for educational institutes who may be interested but do not have the budget to offer this opportunity to their students - if you would like further information please contact SS Dance & Wellbeing or Lee Smith E: email@example.com M: 07817 699563 We are both dedicated to helping you every step of the way.
Class Dates and Times
- The Dancing House, Moor Lane, Gomersal, BD19 4LF
- 19:15 - 20:00
- Active Communities
- LCC Lovell Park Hub, Wintoun Street, Leeds
- 11:00 - 12:00
- Mental Health Wellbeing Scheme
- Fartown Methodist Church, Abingdon Street, Huddersfield, HD2 2QD
- 18:15 - 19:00
- Active Communities
- St Pauls Presbytery Church, Buck Stone Crescent, Leeds, LS17 5ES
- 13:00 - 14:30
- Over 50
Have a question? Ask Away!
We'll get back in touch with you ASAP! Use our contact form or give us a call on 07748 396070